1 June 2021
10 -12 Months
WHO WE ARE TRAINING:
40 Unemployed Youth
WHAT DO WE NEED:
R50 000 Per Learner, including the stipend
NEW VENTURE CREATION LEVEL 2
The purpose of the New Venture Creation Level 2 qualification is to provide a qualification for potential and existing entrepreneurs to capitalise on opportunities to start and grow sustainable businesses that form part of the mainstream economy, enabling the learners to tender for business opportunities within both the public and private sectors. This qualification is designed for learners who intend to set up or have already set up their own ventures.
The future of the economy of South Africa rests not just in the formal market, but also in the informal SMME field. This is an increasing part of the economy of South Africa and needs tremendous attention from a developmental perspective. The small business market is growing and, in view of this, diverse players have taken the initiative to include mentoring services to support aspiring businesses become a more important part of the mainstream economy, representing both the public and private sectors. It also allows for economic growth, in addition to the formative development that will take place through these programmes.
WHAT IS NEW VENTURE CREATION ALL ABOUT
Research has indicated that people working with their own new ventures at this level need the following competencies:
- Acquisition of an entrepreneurial profile which includes an innovation orientation
- An understanding of the industry/sector in which they wish to establish a new venture
- An ability to match new venture opportunities to market needs within a chosen industry/sector
- Have an ability to determine and manage the financial requirements of a new venture
- An ability to match new venture opportunities to market needs
- An ability to compile and utilise a business plan to manage a new venture and also where relevant, to seek funding for a new venture
WHY ARE WE PARTNERING WITH NEW OAKS COLLEGE?
New Oaks College is a pioneer in accredited online courses in South Africa. They understand that studying can be a very daunting prospect. Students want to be able to study anytime and anywhere on any device. But more than that, they want to study something which will help make them more employable or teach them a skill to provide for themselves. If someone is thinking of starting their own business, then they want to learn the required skills to make sure that their company is one of the few, that survives those first few years.
Thats what they specialise in, at New Oaks College. Affordable. Accessible. Education. Online. New Oaks College is an accredited training provider with the Services SETA in the above qualification. Feel free to visit their website here.
THEY Tick All The Right Boxes:
Accredited With The Services SETA
BEE Level 1 - 100% Black-Owned
World Class Online Learning Experience
Live Weekly Webinar Classes
The Certificate is made up of a planned combination of learning outcomes that have a defined purpose and will provide qualifying learners with applied competence and a basis for further learning.
The qualification is made up of Unit Standards that are classified as Fundamental, Core and Elective. A minimum of 138 credits is required to complete the qualification.
In this qualification the credits are allocated as follows
- Fundamental : 36 credits : 27%
- Core : 70 credits : 50%
- Electives : 32 credits : 23%
- Total : 138 credits : 100%
RATIONALE FOR THE QUALIFICATION
The small business sector is growing and it is in light of this that various stakeholders have taken the initiative to provide mentorship programmes that will assist budding entrepreneurs to become a more integral part of the mainstream economy, serving both the public and private sectors. Apart from the formative development that can take place via these programmes, it also provides more importantly for sustainable development.
Thus the design and establishment of an entrepreneurship qualification aims to:
- Develop appropriate skills and knowledge for the establishment and development of an enterprise.
- Address the economic/administrative and behavioural barriers that contribute to failures in starting and sustaining an enterprise.
- Create long-term solutions for job creation and SMME development via the building blocks and structure of a qualification that practically addresses the learning requirements of budding entrepreneurs.